Vegan No-bake Nanaimo Bars
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almond Meal/Flour, for the base
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Cocoa Powder, for the base
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, for the base
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Grade B Maple Syrup, 1 Tbsp for the base, 1 Tbsp for the middle layer
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes, 1/2 cup for the base, 1/2 cup for the middle layer
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup raw Cashews, for the middle layer
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, for the middle layer
- 100 gram 100 gram 100 gram Dark Chocolate, for the top
- Line a 4x6 glass pyrex dish with foil.
- Melt the coconut oil and mix in the remainder of the base ingredients. Mix thoroughly
- Line the bottom of the dish with the base and place in freezer (for 3-5 minutes).
- Blend the middle ingredients thoroughly until they are a custard-like consistency.
- Spread middle layer over base and place back in the freezer (for 3-5 minutes).
- Microwave (or bain-marie) the chocolate at 50% for 2 minutes, stopping every 30s to stir.
- Pour chocolate layer over the top and pop back in the freezer for additional 3 minutes for chocolate to set.
- Enjoy! And if you have left-overs, make sure to leave them in the fridge.
For a great variation - Mint chocolate - sub the vanilla extract for 1 tsp peppermint extract.