Vegan No-bake Nanaimo Bars
ready in:15 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 12
- Calories: 159
- Total Fat: 11g
- Total Carbohydrate: 12g
- Protein: 3g
Enjoy a healthy vegan, gluten-free makeover of this popular Canadian Confectionary! A 10 minute no-bake recipe!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almond Meal/Flour, for the base
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Cocoa Powder, for the base
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, for the base
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Grade B Maple Syrup, 1 Tbsp for the base, 1 Tbsp for the middle layer
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes, 1/2 cup for the base, 1/2 cup for the middle layer
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup raw Cashews, for the middle layer
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, for the middle layer
- 100 gram 100 gram 100 gram Dark Chocolate, for the top
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Line a 4x6 glass pyrex dish with foil.
- Melt the coconut oil and mix in the remainder of the base ingredients. Mix thoroughly
- Line the bottom of the dish with the base and place in freezer (for 3-5 minutes).
- Blend the middle ingredients thoroughly until they are a custard-like consistency.
- Spread middle layer over base and place back in the freezer (for 3-5 minutes).
- Microwave (or bain-marie) the chocolate at 50% for 2 minutes, stopping every 30s to stir.
- Pour chocolate layer over the top and pop back in the freezer for additional 3 minutes for chocolate to set.
- Enjoy! And if you have left-overs, make sure to leave them in the fridge.
For a great variation - Mint chocolate - sub the vanilla extract for 1 tsp peppermint extract.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.