Tuna Zoodle Casserole
- 6 cup 6 cup 6 cup Zucchini, spiralized zucchini, zoodles
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Canned Tuna, in water, I like Safe Catch
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Vidalia Onion, diced
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cloves 1 cloves 1 cloves Black Pepper
- 0.2 tsp 0.2 tsp 0.2 tsp dried Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise, or homemade
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Broccoli, about one large crown
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Pecans, chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Unsweetened Cashew Butter
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Water, to mix with cashew butter, to make cream
- First, make sure you have your mayo and cashew cream ready: you can make this two ways, by mixing your cashew butter and water or by soaking raw cashews overnight and blending with water in a 1:1 ratio.
- Pre-heat your oven to 325F.
- Zoodle your zucchini.
- Lay the zoodles flat on a clean kitchen towel and sprinkle with salt. Let them rest here to they release liquid while you prep the rest.
- Mince onion and garlic, add in to the casserole dish.
- Thinly slice mushrooms and add them to the dish too.
- Open and drain tuna cans, flake the tuna into the casserole dish.
- Add in the salt, pepper, 1 tbsp mayo, mustard, lemon juice and rosemary.
- Mix well.
- Wrap the kitchen towel around the zucchini and squeeze the water out.
- Add the zoodles to the casserole dish and toss to combine.
- Pour in the cashew cream. Gently Mix.
- Cut your broccoli crown into florets and mince them into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Toss with chopped pecans in a bowl and mix with remaining mayo.
- Spread this mix over the top of the casserole.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- It will be toasty on top and creamy inside! Make sure to use a knife to cut your pieces before serving or your zoodles will pull out the whole thing!
Nutrition Info, per serving: Calories: 272 Fat: 20.7 Grams Carbs: 8.1 Grams Protein: 14.6 Gra