The Best Ever Grain-Free Bread Stuffing
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 53
- Total Fat: 2g
- Total Carbohydrate: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- 1 1 Grain-free Sandwich Bread, whole loaf, cubed
- 2 head 2 head Celery, 2 hearts, chopped
- 1 1 Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 16 oz 16 oz Mushrooms, white, raw, sliced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted, or ghee, or duck fat
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Champagne, you can use more or less depending on how much liquid your veggies have produced
- 2 2 Eggs, Pastured, whisked
- Preheat your oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Liberally grease a 9x12 inch casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, pulse the celery (one chopped heart at a time) until it's roughly chopped (some will be fine, and some will be rough, this is okay).
- Pour the celery into a large pot on the stove.
- Pulse the onion in your high speed blender until it also is roughly chopped (again this will be a mix of finely chopped and roughly chopped onion).
- Pour the onion into the pot with the celery. Add your tablespoon of butter, and saute over medium heat until the onion and celery have softened slightly. Turn the temperature down to low.
- Add the mushrooms to the blender and pulse. It's best to do the mushrooms in smaller batches because you have more consistence size. Once the mushrooms are chopped, add them to the celery and onion, and stir to combine.
- Turn the burner back up to medium heat, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add the champagne to the pot and saute for about 1 minute, then turn the burner off.
- Gently stir the cubed bread into the stuffing mixture. The bread will soften from the heat and liquid in the pot, so you want to almost fold it in.
- Add the whisked eggs to the mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Pour your stuffing into the prepared casserole dish, and bake on the middle rack, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
You can also prepare this one day ahead of time (or at least bake the bread a day or two in advance), and reheat in the oven before serving.