Swordfish with Mango Avocado Salsa
My recipe for swordfish is refreshingly light while still being a hearty meal. Grilling the swordfish is the best option for this because it compliments the sweet mango avocado salsa.
- 16 oz 16 oz 16 oz Swordfish, 2 8 oz steaks
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Mango
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil, or olive oil
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Lime Juice
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Cumin
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Garlic Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Onion Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt, and pepper
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Orange
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Balsamic Vinegar, reduced
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Lightly season the fish with cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and S&P or with your favorite seasonings. Sear in a cast iron skillet on medium heat. You may also grill it! Cook on each side for about 3 minutes.
- For the salsa, Dice the mango and avocado in small cubes. Add chopped cilantro, and all or some of the seasonings you used for the fish.
- Reduce the balsamic vinegar. Cook in saucepan on medium heat until it reduced halfway. Set aside and it will thicken more.
- Serve fish on a bed of sliced oranges. Top with salsa. Drizzle balsamic reduction ontop of it all.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week