Sweet Potato Sandwich Thins (AIP)
These sandwich thins are easy to make a pretty versatile. They get a bit crispy once they cool, and their sweet flavor pairs well with bacon. I highly suggest topping your sandwich with bacon. This recipe would also make a delicious after-school snack with some coconut butter and fruit for a sweet treat. Or you could add some thyme and make it one big flatbread.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a large baking sheet with some coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sweet potato flour and coconut oil.
- Stir in the applesauce and coconut milk.
- Stir in the tapioca starch and baking soda.
- Divide the dough into 12 balls and flatten them out on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.