Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Roast Beef Tenderloin, grass fed, grass finished, approximate size 2 - 3 lb, trimmed
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, small size, roasted, peeled, seeded and sliced thinly
- 16 pieces 16 pieces 16 pieces Kalamata Olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 12 pieces 12 pieces 12 pieces Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Pine Nuts
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 420 degrees
- Cut horizontally through the center of the beef tenderloin, cutting to, but not though the other side. Open flat like a book and then cover with cling wrap and flatten with a meat tenderiser.
- In the following order, place the baby spinach, red capsicum, semi-dried tomato, Kalamata olives and pine nuts.
- Tightly roll up beef, beginning with long side and either pin with toothpicks or secure with kitchen twine, making sure the stuffing is secure.
- Rub olive oil over the surface of the meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a baking tray and bake, uncovered for 40 - 55 minutes depending on how you like your meat cooked. The meat thermometer should read 140F; rare, 160F; medium, 170F well done.
- Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for 15 minutes before serving.
You may need to increase or decrease the quantities of the ingredients, based on your size of your beef tenderloin. Serves - dependent on size (1kg serves 4-6)