Spinach Almond Pesto
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup fresh Basil
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Almonds, chopped
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice, fresh
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 oz 1 oz 1 oz Goat Cheese, hard, grated
- Place chopped basil and baby spinach along with garlic, almonds, lemon juice and olive oil in food processor and pulse until somewhat smooth until it reaches a pesto-like consistency (I did this in a Vitamix blender on low for about a minute). If you don\'t have a food processor you can do this using a pestle and mortar.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the grated goats cheese (I used a parmesan grater).
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add water or extra olive oil to thin if needed depending on how thick or thin you want it.
Can be used as a thick pesto or a dressing. For a more dressing-like consistency, simply add more water or olive oil.