Sparkling Yuzu Pisco Sour
- 1 fl oz 1 fl oz 1 fl oz Brandy, Pisco
- 1 fl oz 1 fl oz 1 fl oz Homemade Simple Syrup (click for recipe), Dissolve your honey in water flavored with citrus peel to make simple syrup. Instructions here: http://acleanbake.com/2014/12/yuzu-simple-syrup.html
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Ice cubes
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Sparkling Water
- Add the vodka/pisco, yuzu simple syrup and lemon juice, plus a few ice cubes, to a cocktail shaker. Shake very well for 10-20 seconds until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture through the strainer into a champagne glass.
- Top off each glass with sparkling water.
- Garnish the bottom of each glass with the yuzu peel from the syrup, if desired.
A pisco sour is traditionally made with an egg white shaken into it, which makes it cloudy and heartier, but I left that out. Feel free to include it, assuming, of course, that you have a supply of trustworthy eggs. Also, a traditional pisco sour doesn't include any sparkling water, and it uses lemons instead of yuzu. So lemons would be an appropriate substitution for the yuzu. Variations: Instead of plain seltzer, you can try using any seltzer in a complementary flavor (grapefruit would work well). You can also try using champagne in place of seltzer.