Slow Cooker Osso Bucco
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Beef Shank, Osso Bucco
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Yellow Onion, medium, diced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Carrots, medium, chopped into small pieces
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Celery, stalks, chopped into small pieces
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Garlic, cloves, minced
- 15 oz 15 oz 15 oz Tomato, tin organic chopped or crushed
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp dried Thyme
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Beef stock, organic or home made/Vegetable stock would also work
- Season arrowroot powder with sea salt and pepper and coat the shanks in the powder, shaking off any excess. Ensure that you coat the shanks evenly.
- Heat a large, non-stick fry pan on moderate-high heat, then add the coconut oil.
- Once the oil has melted, add the shanks and cook until they are browned on all sides (approximately 6 minutes). Then remove the shanks from the pan and place in the slow cooker.
- Then add the onion, garlic, carrot and celery and cook until for approximately 5 minutes or until golden and soft.
- The add the tomatoes and thyme leaves and stir to combine. Cook for a further 5 minutes and then transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the stock to the slow cooker and cook until the meat is tender and is practically falling off the bone.
- To serve, spoon the osso bucco into bowls and top with the parsley and lemon zest.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon zest - I have cooked my osso bucco in the slow cooker for 6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low. Either will be fine. - Serves 2-4 depending on the size of the beef shanks