Slow Cooker Apple Bacon Ribs
In honor of "Football Sunday," I give you the most sticky, sweet, tender, juicy, moist, delicious ribs.. you'll ever taste!!! They're guaranteed to take your "tailgate & your tastebuds," to a whole new level!
- 2.5 lb 2.5 lb 2.5 lb Pork Baby Back Ribs, Bone-In
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Honeycrisp Apples
- 8 fl oz 8 fl oz 8 fl oz Barbecue Sauce
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Bacon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp freshly ground Coffee
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Maple Sugar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Line an oven rack with aluminum foil.
- Rinse and pat the ribs dry.
- Slice the ribs in between the bones to separate and place them on the oven rack.
- Brush the ribs on both sides with olive oil.
- Combine the seasonings to make about 2 tablespoons of my "Coffee & Garlic" rub.
- Sprinkle it on the ribs.
- Place the ribs in the oven and broil on high, turning once, to ensure both sides are brown.
- About 15 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and set aside.
- Dice up the onion and place it in the slow cooker.
- Core the apples, dice them up, and place them in the slow cooker as well.
- Add the ribs to the slow cooker and pour the BBQ sauce over them.
- Cook on low in the slow cooker for 6 hours.
- Place the bacon on a wire rack on a baking sheet and roast at 400 until crispy.
- When the ribs are done, slice the bacon into thin strips, and sprinkle it on top.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.