Seared Ahi Tuna with Wasabi Mayo
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 1147
- Total Fat: 96g
- Total Carbohydrate: 21g
- Protein: 41g
Being sushi lovers, a seared tuna recipe was a must for this book. The wasabi mayonnaise truly brings out the best in the ahi, providing a savory touch with a hint of heat.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Lime, juice
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Fish Sauce
- 12 oz 12 oz 12 oz Ahi Tuna Steak, two 6 oz steaks
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos, for dipping
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Wasabi
- Combine ginger root, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, lime juice, fish sauce, 2 tbsp coconut aminos and garlic in a small mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Place tuna steaks in a container and allow to marinate for 2–4 hours prior to cooking.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Place tuna steaks on preheated grill and sear on each side (approximately 3 minutes per side for rare tuna).
- Slice thinly and serve with a drizzle of wasabi mayonnaise and a small dish of coconut aminos.
Consuming undercooked fish increases your risk of food-borne illness, be sure to always purchase fresh, sushi-grade tuna when serving rare.