Salted Caramel Cashew Butter
All natural, quick and easy, decadent rich, buttery, sweet salted caramel cashew butter. Made with just 4 ingredients and a few minutes in the food processor, it’s so simple I know but the end result is so insanely delicious that it may just blow your pretty little mind!
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 175C (350F)
- Line a large baking sheet with baking/parchment paper (or a non stick silpat mat) and pour on your cashews, take care not to over crowd them.
- Roast your cashews for approx 10 mins, until slightly golden and lightly toasted. Watch them as they can catch and burn quickly - do not get distracted!
- Pour your toasted cashews into the bowl of your food processor or blender, add salt and process until smooth and creamy (or your desired consistency). Initially the cashews would grind down into a fine looking flour, give it a minute or two and the oils will extract and it will become deliciously, thick, rich and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Once you have blended to your desired consistency, add your maple syrup, vanilla and salt, then process again just to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly - add a little extra salt or more vanilla or maple syrup if you feel the need and if you prefer a thinner consistency feel free to add a drizzle of coconut oil to thin it out.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. It should keep well for up to 2 weeks - if it lasts that long! (- seriously, good luck with that :)
- Enjoy xo
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.