These salmon cakes are perfect for a party, or just to spice up your weekly meals with something that may seem a bit more “fancy.” We topped ours with a squeeze of lemon juice, and a dollop of paleo mayo, but they are delicious on their own as well!
Serves: 10Serves: 10
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the salmon, egg yolks, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- In a mini chop food processor, mince the garlic and onion.
- Pour the garlic and onion into the salmon mixture, and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Using your hands, form the salmon mixture into 2 ounce patties, and place each cake on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake salmon cakes for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and heat the duck fat in a cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Fry the cakes for about a minute on either side in the duck fat, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
2 made this
Ready in 2 hours and 45 minutes
5 made this
Ready in 1 hour
2 made this
Ready in 30 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel