Roasted Salsa Verde
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Tomatillo, divided
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Poblano Pepper
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole raw Serrano
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Garlic, minced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Lime Juice
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat the grill or oven to 450. Husk the tomatillos and set about half of them aside.
- Take the other half of the tomatillos, the poblano, and serrano and coat with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on the grill (or oven) and roast about 2 minutes per a side. I find that the oven always takes longer than the grill so use your discretion.
- They should all be slightly charred and softened when you take them off the grill.
- Chop the reserved tomatillos, onion, cilantro, garlic and the roasted ingredients you pulled off the grill. Be sure to deseed all the peppers.
- Place it in a bowl and add the lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly and put half the mixture in a blender or food processor and pulse until desired texture.
- Put back in the bowl and mix thoroughly. Eat right away or place in the refrigerator. Will taste better the longer it sits.
*If you don’t like heat you can substitute 1 jalapeno and be sure to deseed it after roasting. *The lime juice should equal about 3 Tablespoons.