Today I am going to demonstrate how to make plantain chips (yay!). I couldn’t be more excited. And for such a little thing, oh my. Ever had plantain chips? If not, it’s a must! I am so attached to these delicious chips. The earthly sweetness from the plantain mingling with a bit of sea salt… first of all it’s amazing. Second, it’s a healthy snack and it’s paleo.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Slice plantain into 1/8" - 1/4" rounds.
- Melt coconut oil in cast iron skillet over medium heat on stove top.
- Set plantain rounds into the pan.
- Cook the plantains on medium heat for 5 minutes on each side. The plantains should be golden yellow.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.