Pizza Kale Chips
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 322
- Total Fat: 17g
- Total Carbohydrate: 31g
- Protein: 15g
- 8 cup 8 cup Kale, leaves from about 6 stalks, veins removed
- 1 cup 1 cup Cashews, raw
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Tomato Paste, 1 small can
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast, Lewis Labs Brewers Yeast Buds (from sugar beets)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Marjoram, dried
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Basil, dried
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Rosemary, dried
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Place the cashews in a bowl, cover with filtered water, and allow cashews to soak refrigerated for a minimum of 2 hours, ideally overnight.
- Drain the water from the cashews. Place the cashews in a blender or food processor. Add filtered water to just cover the cashews, and process until creamy smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cashew cream with all remaining ingredients except the kale. Stir until evenly combined.
- Rinse the kale, and pull the leaves from the fibrous stems. Tear into "chip" sized pieces.
- Toss the kale with the "pizza" flavored cashew cream. You may need to do this a little bit at a time, taking care to ensure even coverage.
- Dehydrate the kale chips at 105-115 degrees for 12 hours, then serve!
If you don't have a dehydrator, place the kale chips on a cookie sheet. Turn your oven to its lowest setting, and allow the chips to dehydrate lightly for 1-2 hours (more or less, depending on your oven settings).