Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
- Serves: 3
- Calories: 925
- Total Fat: 80g
- Total Carbohydrate: 30g
- Protein: 41g
The use of fresh pineapple to glaze grilled chicken will bring a sweet tropical flavor to your plate. These are a perfect party dish for a summer luau!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- Combine diced pineapple, olive oil, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl.
- Puree mixture in a blender or food processor.
- Pour back into the small mixing bowl, and stir in the minced cilantro, set aside to use as glaze during grilling. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Skewer pieces of chicken and pineapple on metal or pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
- Grill skewers for 12–15 minutes, turning every 4–5 minutes.
- Brush the chicken with the pineapple glaze periodically while grilling.
- Garnish skewers with chopped cilantro, and serve.
- Serve with Grilled Broccoli or Grilled fennel.
The natural sugar that releases from pineapple when cooked, may cause a sticky situation for the grill grates. The chicken and pineapple tends to have trouble releasing, so we recommend lightly oiling a grill plate to use, or grilling the skewers on top of foil.