Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
The use of fresh pineapple to glaze grilled chicken will bring a sweet tropical flavor to your plate. These are a perfect party dish for a summer luau!
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cilantro, minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 18 oz 18 oz 18 oz with skin Chicken Breast, 3 breasts
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon, juice
- Combine diced pineapple, olive oil, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl.
- Puree mixture in a blender or food processor.
- Pour back into the small mixing bowl, and stir in the minced cilantro, set aside to use as glaze during grilling. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Skewer pieces of chicken and pineapple on metal or pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
- Grill skewers for 12–15 minutes, turning every 4–5 minutes.
- Brush the chicken with the pineapple glaze periodically while grilling.
- Garnish skewers with chopped cilantro, and serve.
- Serve with Grilled Broccoli or Grilled fennel.
The natural sugar that releases from pineapple when cooked, may cause a sticky situation for the grill grates. The chicken and pineapple tends to have trouble releasing, so we recommend lightly oiling a grill plate to use, or grilling the skewers on top of foil.