Piña Colada Shrimp
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Raw Shrimp
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Pineapple
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Cream
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Milk
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, (if frying)
- Peel and de-vein the raw shrimp. In a small bowl let the shrimp sit in 1/2 cup coconut milk. While the shrimp are chillin' in their bath set up your plates to coat the shrimp. Coconut flour in one plate, whisked egg in another, and shredded coconut in the other.
- Dip shrimp in coconut flour > Then egg > Then shredded coconut
- Lay in a baking pan and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. OR fry in coconut oil in a skillet cooking the shrimp on medium high heat for about 2-3 minutes each side
- For the sauce, simply blend the coconut cream and crushed pineapple. You can even use the thick part of the canned coconut milk instead. I find that coconut cream and pineapple together make it too runny.
You can either pan fry or bake. I baked these because I had other stuff occupying the stove at the time. But there is less of a chance of them drying out if you fry them in coconut oil on the stove-top rather than the oven. Sprinkle with salt as soon as they are done frying/baking.