Pan Seared Steak
This pan seared steak is part of our regular dinner rotation because its easy to make using a cast iron pan versus the grill and comes out perfectly medium rare and juicy. A dry rub of salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder and paprika gives the steak great flavor and I finish it with a garlic rosemary butter sauce mixed with the pan drippings. Move over A1!
Its one of the most viewed recipes on my blog so I hope you'd give it a try :)
Serves: 2Serves: 2
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- To make the dry rub, combine salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Heat cast iron pan on high for a few minutes.
- Rub room temperature steaks with some coconut oil to help the dry rub stick.
- Sprinkle dry rub on steaks. Make sure to press it into the meat.
- Once the pan started smoking, place steaks and cook for 3 minutes on the first side for medium rare. Flip it and cook the other side for 3 more minutes.
- Place cooked steaks on a plate and cover with foil so that they rest for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, reduce the heat to medium low and add the garlic cloves, rosemary and ghee to the pan dripping.
- Cook until rosemary is fragrant and garlic is soft.
- Pour on top of cooked steaks and serve immediately.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
2 made this
Ready in 35 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 50 minutes
15 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 20 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel