Paleo Mango Coconut Almond Bars
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Almonds
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Mango, dried
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Vanilla Protein Powder (Garden of Life Brand), egg white powder or protein preferred
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Granulated Honey, or maple syrup
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Water, hot
- First grind up your dried mango. They are usually tough so I grind them first.
- Next add in the rest of your dry ingredients and grind again.
- Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate small mixing bowl. combine your honey, 1/3 cup of hot water, and vanilla. Stir all together and add to your dry ingredients..Be sure to add in your cinnamon and sea salt here too.
- Mix well with hands then press into a baking dish. Let bars cool in fridge then cut into squares.
- If the batter gets too thick, just add more hot water or even a little honey. If it\'s too wet, add more powder or a flour of choice (such as coconut or peanut flour).
- Keep refrigerated.
* Remember to use dried mango. * Egg white powder preferred If you can't find egg white powder (which is usually in baking section), you can use chia flour, 100% whey protein isolate, Pea Protein, or Brown Rice Protein. But the texture and taste will be a little different, so adjust honey/water accordingly. Also, if you can't find egg white powder or egg white protein, you can use meringue powder but it will have more sugar. Just FYI