Paleo chocolate bark, a.k.a turrón
Guilty-free chocolate bark made from cocoa butter, chopped almonds, organic dark chocolate and chia seeds. A healthy version of the traditional Spanish sweet for Christmas.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Line with parchment paper a loaf tin (24 cm x 14 cm / 9.2 in x 5.5 in)
- To make the first layer, we will cook the cocoa butter in bain-marie. To do this, get a saucepan and pot that are formed to fit together, with one sitting partway inside the other. In the saucepan, put water already hot, covering just 1/3 part of it. Then, fit the pot on the saucepan and put the cocoa butter in to the pot. The saucepan will be used to hold simmering water, which gently will heat the cocoa butter in the upper pot.
- Very gently, stir the cocoa butter using a wooden spoon until well melted. It will turn white and clear and the smell will make you to want to lick the spoon (please, don't do it!)
- Then add in the chia seeds and stir until well combined.
- Pour the cocoa mixture into the loaf tin and put it the fridge for about 1:30 hours until the bark is completely firm.
- You can check it by touching the mixture, if your tip finger doesn't mark on it, it's time to make the second layer.
- Using the same method, melt the chocolate, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- When the chocolate is almost melted, add in the chopped almonds and keep stirring until well melted and combined. Make sure not to burn the chocolate, once it's burnt this can't be fixed.
- Turn the heat off and, carefully, remove the saucepan from the hob. Take the loaf tin from the fridge and quickly, pour the chocolate mixture over the cocoa butter and put the loaf tin back to the fridge.
- Let it cool overnight. Enjoy!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.