Nut-free Pesto (from Make It Paleo 2)
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Sunflower Seeds, (raw)
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, smashed with the side of a knife
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup fresh Basil, (packed cups)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, (about 10 grinds)
- Naked Pizza Crust (Cappello's), (Pizza Crust Option) Buy your Pizza Crust from our friends at Cappello's
- In a food processor, pulse the sunflower seeds and garlic until evenly chopped. Add the basil and continue to pulse.
- With the processor running, add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and blend until smooth.
- Use pesto immediately, refrigerate up to 4-5 days, or freeze for longer-term storage.
Keeps 4-5 days refrigerated, or up to 2 months frozen.