Kale and Cabbage Salad
This kale and cabbage salad is an easy salad to make and keeps well in the fridge if you want to make it in advance and take it to a potluck or any get together. It has some almonds, apple and orange slices in it for a little crunch and fruity flavor. The dressing is simple and has a hint of sweetness from the honey. We love this salad because the chopped kale combined with the fruit give it a unique texture and flavor. The almonds are just a crunchy added bonus.
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Kale, 5-6 large kale leaves, chopped finely
- 0.25 head 0.25 head 0.25 head Cabbage, Chopped
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Slivered Almonds
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole organic Apple, Sliced into thin strips
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Orange, Peeled and chopped into small sections
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Slice up all of your vegetables for the salad and combine everything in large bowl.
- Mix the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, honey, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix everything together well to incorporate the dressing.
- Serve and enjoy.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.