- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Sweet Potato, approximately 2 potatoes
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, or olive oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 oz 5 oz 5 oz Goat Cheese, for the topping
- Preheat oven to 425 and bake the sweet potatoes for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Toss the jalapenos in olive oil and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Peel the sweet potato and place in a bowl with the butter and seasoning and thoroughly mash with a hand mixer or whisk.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of sweet potato filling in each jalapeno cavity and top with goat cheese.
- Bake poppers for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and toasted.
Feel free to increase quantity of recipe to feed a large group.