Honey Almond Salmon with Roasted Fennel
Eating wild salmon about once or twice a week is something you should get used to. It’s packed with healthy Omega-3 fats. These fatty acids are super important to those with inflammatory diseases like Crohn’s and Colitis because of the benefits of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). What the heck is that? Well, a significant lack of these omega-3 fatty acids can be blamed in part for chronic inflammatory disease and poor brain function. It’s actually the over-consumption of omega-6 and not enough consumption of omega-3 that makes everything screwed up. So, just make sure you’re eating 8-10 ounces of fish, preferably salmon, to get your omega-3s and don’t let this information worry you. :)
Serves: 2Serves: 2
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off the green stems of the fennel. Discard or save for soups and garnish. Chop the white bulb into large chunks. Drizzle with olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Roast fennel for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Meanwhile, spread honey on the salmon filets. Top them with shaved almonds. Place the salmon skin side down in a baking or roasting pan.
- Then pop the salmon in the oven after the fennel has been in for 30 minutes. Bake both for another 12 minutes or until the fish is done and the almonds are browned.
The smell of roasting fennel filling your kitchen is AMAZING! You're welcome in advance ;)
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
11 made this
Ready in 35 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 40 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 30 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel