Hawaiian Stuffed Sweet Potato
ready in:40 minutes
Try these amazing Hawaiian stuffed sweet potatoes either for a lunch or as a beautiful side dish. Everyone will love them!
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Wash the sweet potato, leaving the skin on
- Pierce the sweet potato with a fork several times
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, turning a couple of times
- Pull out of the oven & let cool until they are cool enough so that you can handle them
- Dice the bacon & pan fry
- Dice the pineapple. Place the pineapple, bacon & grated cheese in a large bowl
- Once the sweet potato are cool enough, cut them down the centre (length ways) & gently scoop out all of the flesh with a teaspoon
- As you scoop out the flesh be careful to leave the skins in tact
- Mix the flesh with the other ingredients & salt to taste
- Fill the cases up with the mixture & place back in the oven for a further 10 minutes
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.