Grilled Sirloin Salad with Fresh Herbs and Thai Dressing
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Beef Loin Sirloin Steak (Top Sirloin)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lemongrass, minced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Romaine Lettuce, Red Lettuce also acceptable
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Cucumber, sliced, or 4 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup fresh Basil, packed
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Mint Leaves
- Freeze the beef for 10 minutes and then cut it across the grain into 1/4 inch slices.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the lemongrass, 1 Tablespoon of the fish sauce, the soy sauce (or coconut aminos), 3/4 teaspoon of the honey, 1/2 of the onion, and the pepper. Add the beef and stir it to coat - let it marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the dressing. In a small bowl, combine the oil, the lime juice, jalapenos, 1 Tablespoon of fish sauce, 3/4 teaspoon honey, and the remaining onion.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumbers, mint, and onion. Toss with the dressing to coat.
- Grill the sliced beef over high heat, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Arrange the beef over the salad.
Adapted from Kristine Kidd's"Weeknight Fresh + Fast"