Grain Free Pecan Tart
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Grain-Free Pie Crust (click for recipe)
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Dates (Medjool), Pitted and, if necessary, softened in hot water
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Molasses
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp ground Cinnamon
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Nutmeg
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Unsalted Butter, melted, you can substitute vegan butter or shortening
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pecans, large halves
- Prepare the crust dough and put it into a 9" tart pan with a removable bottom. Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes, then preheat the oven to 350F. Once preheated, transfer from the fridge to the oven without letting it warm to room temperature and bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges begin to turn slightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside; do not turn off the oven.
- In the bowl of a food processor, puree the dates, eggs and molasses until the dates are liquified.
- Add the salt, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and pulse a few times to combine.
- With the processor running, add the melted butter in a thin stream.
- Pour the batter into the pre-baked crust and gently smooth into an even layer. Arrange the pecan halves in a single layer on top of the batter.
- In the oven that is still heated to 350F, bake for 25 minutes, or until the crust has turned a deep golden brown and the batter has turned from shiny to matte. A tester may not come out completely clean, but it should only have a few crumbs on it at most.
- Remove from oven and let it cool and set on a wire rack before removing it from the pan.
If you would like the filling to be sweeter, you can add 2-3 Tablespoons of coconut sugar to the food processor. This may make the filling in the finished tart slightly less silky.