Gluten-free Goat Cheese and Tomato Tart
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour, for the crust
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Arrowroot Flour, for the crust
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda, for the crust
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Granulated Garlic, for the crust
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg, for the crust
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for the crust
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Goat Cheese, herbed and for the filling
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp fresh Basil, chopped and for the filling
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Tomato, large and for the filling
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Balsamic Vinegar, for the topping
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9-inch tart pan.
- Combine the almond flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda, garlic and sea salt and mix.
- Add the egg and olive oil and mix until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Press the dough in to the tar pan and bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is slightly browned. Pull out the crust and let cool to room temperature.
- Heat a small saucepan to medium heat and add the balsamic vinegar and let it simmer until the mixture has reduced by half. Approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Use a hand or stand mixer to whip the goat cheese until fluffy and then spread it evenly on the bottom of the tart and add then sprinkle one tablespoon of chopped basil.
- Layer the sliced tomatoes on the tart and add the remaining basil.
- Top the tart with 2-3 tablespoons of balsamic reduction and Ramona cheese right before serving.
Top the tart with 1/4 cup of grated Romano cheese if sheep cheese is tolerated (like in the picture). The crust can be made ahead of time. Cover the tart crust and store in the refrigerator.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week