German Goulash Soup
A paleo twist on a German classic soup!
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lard
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Stew Beef, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6 cup 6 cup 6 cup Bone Broth
- 4 tsp 4 tsp 4 tsp Paprika
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Caraway Seed, crushed
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp dried Marjoram
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Chili Powder
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp Sea Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Bay Leaf
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Sweet Potato, white, diced
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat lard in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic and beef to the pot and brown the meat. The onions should start to become translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper, and apple cider vinegar and stir to deglaze the pot.
- Add the paprika, crushed caraway seeds, marjoram, chili powder and salt to the pot.
- Stir in the bone broth, and add the bay leaves and ground black pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat to low to simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add in the diced sweet potatoes, and cover the pot for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- When the meat and sweet potatoes are tender, the soup is ready to serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.