cook:15 minutes to 20 minutes
ready in:about 30 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 78
- Total Fat: 4g
- Total Carbohydrate: 18g
- Protein: 3g
Combining aspects of an omelet and a quiche, this versatile dish is wonderful with any vegetable pairing. Get creative with this one and explore new flavors to always keep your frittatas interesting.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to bake at 350°F.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil over medium heat.
- Sauté vegetables for 3 minutes, until the onion is translucent and the mushrooms have softened.
- Remove vegetables from heat and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk eggs.
- Stir vegetables into the eggs.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil in the oven-safe skillet over medium-low heat.
- Pour frittata mixture into the skillet and slow cook for 4–5 minutes.
- Transfer frittata to the oven and cook for 12 minutes, or until the frittata has achieved a spongy firmness to the touch.
- Slice and serve with crumbled bacon on top, along with a dash of cracked pepper.
Great mix-ins for frittatas are ground beef or breakfast sausage. You could also add the bacon into the mixture before cooking.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.