Flourless Fudge Brownie Bites
A flour-less, fruit sweetened brownie with a fudge filling/frosting.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Plantain, medium-ripe
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Dates (Medjool)
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Unsweetened Cashew Butter
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Cocoa Powder, + 3 Tbsp for the frosting
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, medium-large Hass
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Raw Honey
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, combine the plantain with the dates and process. Add in the cashew butter and combine until smooth.
- Transfer the plantain mixture to a medium mixing bowl and stir in the coconut oil, vanilla, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking soda and salt. The batter will be thick.
- Scoop and press the batter into a well greased mini muffin/cupcake tin and bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool before removing from the tin.
- While the brownies cook and cool, prepare the fudge frosting. Mash the flesh of the avocado and stir in the remaining cocoa powder and honey until well combined and smooth.
- Use a piping bag to fill/top the brownie bites with the fudge and enjoy.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.