Easy Paleo Bread Loaf
I bought a handful of fresh plantains from the store this week and have been excited to create some new recipes. The great thing about plantains is, they add so much flavor and texture to recipes without the high sugar content. I knew right away I wanted to experiment making a loaf of bread slightly sweetened with the subtle exotic flavor of plantains.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Plantain
- 1.2 cup 1.2 cup 1.2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1.2 cup 1.2 cup 1.2 cup Flax Seed Meal
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs
- 1.4 cup 1.4 cup 1.4 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening
- 2 - 4 Tbsp 2 - 4 Tbsp 2 - 4 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1.2 tsp 1.2 tsp 1.2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1.2 tsp 1.2 tsp 1.2 tsp Sea Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees and line a standard bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or large blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Fill the loaf pan with the batter and bake the bread on 350 degrees for 45 minutes until the loaf is golden.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.