Dill Roasted Carrots & Parsnips
cook:30 minutes to 40 minutes
This dish combines carrots with the closely related parsnips. Both are root vegetables that can be eaten raw, but have enhanced flavor when cooked. Parsnips are a bit sweeter than carrots, but you will find carrots are usually more common in meals. These two veggies can also be used as substitutes for potato in many dishes. Aside from their versatility, you'll be receiving a great nutritional punch from munching on them. Roasted carrots and parsnips like these will provide you with a mouthful of mega-enhanced flavor full of antioxidant vitamins and fiber, all with minimal effort on your part!
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 450 degree
- Dice the carrots and parsnips. Place in a bowl.
- Toss with the oil and seasonings.
- Transfer to a glass baking dish and place in oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven once pieces are tender and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Taste a piece (or ten) to see if additional salt is needed. If so, add and stir again before serving.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.