Dark Chocolate Cherry Candies
ready in:2 hours and 30 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 25
- Calories: 139
- Total Fat: 9g
- Total Carbohydrate: 17g
- Protein: 1g
A paleo twist on the classic cherry mash candies.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a small sauce pot over medium heat, cook coconut cream until boiling. Add honey and stir until completely dissolved.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 35-40 minutes stirring occasionally. The mixture should reduce to slightly more than one cup.
- While coconut cream in cooking, defrost frozen cherries in the microwave. You can also do this on the stove in a small sauce pot. The cherries will release a lot of juice.
- Mix together shredded coconut, coconut cream and defrosted cherries with their juice.
- Use a small ice cream scoop, about a tablespoon, and scoop mixture onto parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Pop into the freezer for 2-3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once the candies are set, heat 2 inches of water to a simmer in a medium sauce pot.
- Place 1 cup of chocolate chips in a double boiler over the simmer. Stir occasionally until chocolate melts.
- Use a candy thermometer and remove the chocolate from heat when it reaches 115 degrees.
- Keep stirring for another minute and then add the remaining chocolate chips. Stir until melted.
- Remove cherry candies two at a time from the freezer.
- Dip into the chocolate and flip until completely covered. Place onto another parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Once you have coated all the candies, return to freezer for an hour then store in fridge.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.