Dairy-free Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Maple Sugar
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Milk, or heavy whipping cream (both optional)
- Blend palm shortening and maple sugar on medium-high in a standing mixer.
- Add vanilla extract, and coconut milk, or heavy whipping cream if desired, and blend until smooth and fluffy.
- Keep refrigerated until use.
The coconut milk (or heavy whipping cream if you tolerate it) is optional in this recipe. It helps create a fluffy frosting, but for those allergic to coconut and dairy just omit either of those ingredients.