Crock Pot Rosemary Carrot Parsnip Mash
- 3 - 4 whole 3 - 4 whole 3 - 4 whole Parsnip, large
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Carrots, large
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 - 3 sprigs 2 - 3 sprigs 2 - 3 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Almond Milk
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Garlic, minced (divided)
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt, divided
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Cream, or real cream
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, or vegan butter alternative
- First wash your vegetables.
- Peel if desired but not necessary.
- Steam carrots and parsnips in microwave bowl for 90 seconds.
- Chop into smaller pieces then add to crock pot with 1 cup milk, oil, rosemary sprigs, and 1/4 tsp garlic and salt.
- Cover and place on high.
- About one hour into cooking, skim the browning milk on the sides of the crock pot and then mash it up with veggies.
- Continue to cook for another 90 minutes and watch browning on sides again.
- After 2 1/2 hrs cooking on high, place on low and remove the stick sprigs. Leave the leaves that fell off.
- Add in 2 tbsp butter, black pepper, 1/4 tsp more garlic and sea salt.
- Mash all together until chunky.
- Turn on warm until ready to serve.
- Garnish with extra rosemary and parmesan if desired.
** Garnish with extra rosemary and parmesan if desired. To make it more creamy, add in ¼ cup cream and mash them, whip if desired. Vegan butter works here too or just use more olive oil in place of butter.