Coconut Flour Waffles and Pancakes
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 287
- Total Fat: 2g
- Total Carbohydrate: 65g
- Protein: 2g
The warm, sweet flavors of waffles make us think of lazy weekend mornings, enjoying a big breakfast with loved ones. This breakfast is an indulgence that we don’t enjoy too often, but it is great for a special occasion.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend all ingredients with a hand mixer.
- Heat waffle iron to “waffle” setting—typically medium-high heat.
- Drop batter into center of waffle iron to cover about 3/4 of area.
- This batter does not expand the way traditional flour waffles do.
- Waffles are done when they easily separate from the waffle iron, about 3–5 minutes.
- For the toppingHeat coconut oil in a nonstick frying pan on medium heat.
- Slice banana and add to frying pan.
- Sear banana slices until brown and crispy on the bottom side, then flip.
- Add pecans to frying pan and lightly toast with the seared banana slices.
- Top over waffles or pancakes and serve.
To make pancakes, use 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon instead of 1 tablespoon. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend all ingredients with a hand mixer. Heat coconut oil in a nonstick frying pan or griddle to medium heat. Pour 1/8 cup of batter into frying pan or griddle. Cook for 2 minutes, flip, then cook for 2 more minutes. repeat with the remaining batter.