- 1 bunch 1 bunch Rosemary, fresh
- 1 bunch 1 bunch Thyme, fresh
- 1/2 head 1/2 head Garlic, unpeeled
- 5 pieces 5 pieces Bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup Chicken Broth (Organic, Free Range, Low Sodium)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 whole 1 whole Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole Rabbit, Wild
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse rabbit under cold water and set aside.
- If using whole strips of bacon, chop into bite size pieces.
- In a clay pot (or regular pot), brown the bacon on medium heat until all the pieces start to crisp.
- Add half of the chopped onion and whole garlic cloves to the pot and continue to cook until the onion browns slightly, then turn burnerdown to low.
- Place the rabbit on top of the onion, bacon, and garlic.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the remaining onion around the rabbit.
- Top with the fresh herbs, and pour in the broth.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low, flipping the rabbit after 4 hours.
- Remove the rabbit from the pot, remove the meat and discard the bones, and place meat back into pot.
- Serve and enjoy.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.