Cilantro Lime Skirt Steak
prep:1 hour and 10 minutes
This recipe is the perfect finger-food for a party! Whether you're hosting a summer cookout, birthday party, or dinner party - this is a dish you can prepare ahead of time, cook easily, and serve with no fuss.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Begin by mixing all of the marinade ingredients (everything except the steak) in a small mason jar. Shake vigorously and set aside.
- Using a meat mallet, pound your skirt steak with the knurled side until it is uniformly thick. The thinner you get it, the easier it will be to eat.
- Place the steak into a ziplock bag, cover with the marinade, and mix around to evenly coat the meat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to 90 minutes. During this time, you should also soak your wooden skewers, about 12-15 of them.
- Remove the steak from the bag, place on a cutting board, and cut into 1/2" strips against the grain of the meat. This will also help it be less chewy. (refer to the included recipe images, if needed).
- Preheat your grill with 2/3 as medium high heat, and 1/3 with little (or no) heat. This will set up the heat zones to cook the meat while not burning the skewer handles.
- Weave the meat onto the skewers.
- Place the skewers onto your grill, with the handles over the cool zone so they do not char. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes per side. When they freely release from the grates, they are ready to flip.
- When cooked through (about 8 minutes, maybe a little more depending on how thick they are), remove from heat. Allow to rest 5 minutes, then serve!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.