Chunky Monkey Muffins
- Serves: 12
- Calories: 90
- Total Fat: 6g
- Total Carbohydrate: 4g
- Protein: 4g
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Banana, one over-ripe (mashed), one green-tipped (sliced into 24 coins)
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Pastured Eggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz 8 oz 8 oz Almond Meal/Flour
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 12 pieces 12 pieces 12 pieces Organic Walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 parchment liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, the eggs, and the vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, sea salt, and baking soda. Dump the dry ingredients into the wet and add the apple cider vinegar. Stir to completely combine. You might have a few banana chunks, but donu2019t leave any almond flour lumps. Stir in the chocolate chips. Divide the batter among the 12 muffin liners, it will fill each one about 1/2 way. Now itu2019s time to get fancy! Nestle 2 banana coins onto the top of each muffin, pressing them into the batter a little bit. Then snap each walnut half into 2 pieces and tuck them in around the banana coins. Pretty, right?!
- Place the muffin tin into your preheated oven and bake for 18-22 minutes. The muffins are done when they are lightly browned and only give slightly to touch. Remove from the oven and let them rest in the muffin tin for 30 minutes. Then remove to a cooling rack. When ready to devour, grab a cup of hot tea, some coffee, or a tall glass of almond milk and dig in!!
I would recommend storing any leftover muffins (haha!) in the fridge. Although they are quite tasty straight from the fridge, a few minutes in the toaster oven makes them super delicious!!