Chocolate Strawberry Parfait
A delicious dessert that is a wonderful airy combination of strawberries and chocolate!
- 200 gram 200 gram 200 gram Sweet Potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 0.33 cup 0.33 cup 0.33 cup Egg Whites
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Strawberries, mashed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Unflavored, Knox brand Gelatin
- 200 ml 200 ml 200 ml Coconut Cream
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Dark Chocolate
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Blend the sweet potatoes with the 1/4 cup coconut flour cocoa, egg whites, vanilla, baking powder and honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread batter over parchment paper (about 1cm thick) and bake for 10-15 minutes until done
- Blend the remaining 1 tbsp coconur flour with cream, strawberries and gelatin
- Layer the parfait - cake portion, cream, toppings, as many times as your serving dish allows
- Enjoy as is or set to chill in the fridge for an hour for the gelatin to set and the cream will be more like custard.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.