Chocolate Chip Mini Cupcakes
These adorable mini-cupcakes are a fun and easy grain, dairy, and nut-free dessert option for Valentine's Day!
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 6 6 6 Eggs, large
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a mini muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the arrowroot starch, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda until blended. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Blend the wet ingredients with an electric hand mixer until frothy. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and blend again until smooth.
- Melt the palm shortening over medium-low heat, then allow it to cool slightly. Once the shortening has cooled, pour it into the batter and blend the batter again with the hand mixer on medium-high speed until smooth. This will allow air to be whipped into the batter slightly.
- Stir in the dark chocolate chips by hand.
- Fill each muffin cup with batter using a #50 disher (a cookie scoop) and bake on the middle rack of the oven until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 10-15 minutes for mini cupcakes. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.