Chicken coconut curry recipe – Chicken with coconut milk and spices
It looks a little fancy, doesn’t it? Well, it’s the most unfussy dish to make, and is filled with nutrients that will keep you feeling great. This simple coconut chicken curry it’s creamy, colorful (isn’t just amazing that bright yellow color of turmeric?), full of flavor and incredibly healthy. If you don’t like yellow in your plate or you don’t easily find turmeric, then you can skip the turmeric.
- 400 gram 400 gram 400 gram boneless skinless Chicken Breasts, pieces
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Onion, julienne cut
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, grated or paste;
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic, crushed
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Green Chilies, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Tomato, peeled and cubed
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp ground Coriander
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Chili Powder
- 200 ml 200 ml 200 ml Coconut Milk, thick
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Water
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Curry Leaves
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Cilantro, to garnish
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt, as per taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- On medium flame, heat oil into a pan. Add onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add ginger, garlic, curry leaves and green chillies and stir fry for one minute.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander and red chilli powder, stir and fry for about 30 seconds.
- Now add tomato and fry for 2 minutes.
- Bring the chicken pieces into the pan, add salt and mix well. Let it cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add a cup of water, cover the pan and let it cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Lower the flame and add coconut milk. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander/cilantro leaves and serve warm with boiled rice or your favorite bread.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.