Cabidela: Braised Chicken with Blood Rice
A tasty way to get your offal in.
Serves: 2Serves: 2
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cook rice (add more water if you like softer rice) 15-20 min.
- Turn off heat then add blood and vinegar. Mix and set aside.
- Saute onions and garlic in lard until softened. Add chicken, brown well then pour in wine and hot sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 30min or until juices run clear.
- When chicken is done add rice/blood mixture, cook until heated through (5-10 min).
- Taste for salt, add more hot sauce (I did) if needed.
- Typically the the chicken is mixed into the blood and rice.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
2 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 30 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour
1 made this
Ready in 50 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel