Cabidela: Braised Chicken with Blood Rice
ready in:45 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 494
- Total Fat: 9g
- Total Carbohydrate: 47g
- Protein: 26g
A tasty way to get your offal in.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Water
- 1 - 2 Tbsp 1 - 2 Tbsp 1 - 2 Tbsp distilled White Vinegar
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pig Blood
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lard
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Onion, diced
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Chicken Leg Quarter
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup White Wine
- 1 - 3 Tbsp 1 - 3 Tbsp 1 - 3 Tbsp Tessemae's Hot Sauce / Wing Sauce, to taste
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Cilantro, garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cook rice (add more water if you like softer rice) 15-20 min.
- Turn off heat then add blood and vinegar. Mix and set aside.
- Saute onions and garlic in lard until softened. Add chicken, brown well then pour in wine and hot sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 30min or until juices run clear.
- When chicken is done add rice/blood mixture, cook until heated through (5-10 min).
- Taste for salt, add more hot sauce (I did) if needed.
- Typically the the chicken is mixed into the blood and rice.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.