Blood Orange and Cumin Roasted Chicken Legs
ready in:50 minutes
Roasted chicken legs marinated in a blood orange and cumin marinated with just a hint of chipotle for some heat!
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Ghee (Clarified Butter), melted
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Blood Orange, juice and zest
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb skin on Chicken Drumstick
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Whisk together the ghee, coconut milk, blood orange, cumin, chipotle, pepper, and salt to make the marinade.
- Pour over chicken legs and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Lay the chicken legs on the roasting rack, making sure they do not touch.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the juices run clear and the internal temperature is 165.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.