Beets and Sweets Hash
I have to be totally honest I got this idea for Beets and Sweets from a vegetable chip company that you can find in super markets. I mean I would totally buy them if they weren’t fried in vegetable oils, it is probably a good thing they are though because I would be eating them by the bag full…everyday. I have no self control. Well I figured why not incorporate two healthy vegetables into a side-dish and add bacon. So easy and so delicious!
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- preheat oven to 375F
- coat potato and beet cubes with olive oil, salt and pepper
- roast for 35-40 minutes until fork tender
- dice bacon and cook until crispy, drain fat reserving 1T
- add beets and sweets to the pan and heat together with bacon and reserved bacon fat
- garnish with chopped scallions and serve
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.