Bacon Wrapped Olives
Perfect for game day...or any day. Period.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Fill 2 small bowls with water. In one, soak the olives, and in the other, soak the toothpicks. Let soak for 30+ min. This is to reduce saltiness / oiliness of the olives! Also to make sure your toothpicks don't light on fire.
- Rinse the olives and strain the toothpicks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bacon into 2 inch pieces.
- Wrap each olive with 1 piece of the bacon, secure with a toothpick, and set on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Repeat for all olives. Bake for 15 minutes, remove, sprinkle lightly with the coconut sugar, and return back to oven for another 10 - 15 minutes (check for level of crispiness! I'm sure different bacons have different cooking times)
- Serve immediately, or if reheating is necessary pop in the oven at the same temperature for 5 minutes.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.