- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Salted Butter, (filling)
- 5 cup 5 cup 5 cup organic Apple, peeled and sliced (filling)
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar, divided (2 Tbsp for the filling, 2 Tbsp for the dough)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp ground Cinnamon, (filling)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup unsweetened Applesauce, (filling)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Unsalted Butter, cold, cubed (dough)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cassava Flour, (dough)
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt, dough)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg, (dough)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg Whites, beaten (topping)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar, (topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet and add the apples, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and applesauce. Saute, stirring occasionally, until caramelized.
- Meanwhile, make the dough: Cut the butter, cassava flour and salt together in a medium mixing bowl until the mixture resembles course crumbs. Stir in the egg and coconut sugar.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a 1/4" thick rectangle. Use a knife to cut 2-3 inch slits down the long sides ever 1/2" or so.
- Spoon the apples down the middle and fold the dough over the apples, alternating sides with the strips. Seal with wet fingers and carefully transfer to a baking sheet. Brush with the egg white and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool, slice, and serve.
I use Otto's Naturals brand cassava flour.