Apple Cranberry Crisp
For those who are headed out to apple pick.. This "all natural" bowl of goodness with the perfect amount of crunch, is delicious on it's own! But it gets even better when you serve it warm & top it with your favorite dairy-free ice cream!
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Honeycrisp Apples
- 0.666 cup 0.666 cup 0.666 cup Organic Dried Cranberries
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Sugar
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Unsalted Butter, (grass-fed) Melted. Plus, 2 tablespoons.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour, Sifted
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Organic Coconut Oil, To grease the pan
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and core the apples.
- Cut them into quarters and toss them in a mixing bowl.
- Add the cranberries and the lemon juice to the apples and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg over the apples.
- Add the vanilla extract and give it a good toss to combine and coat evenly.
- Add the maple syrup and 2 tablespoons of melted grass-fed butter.
- Pour over the spiced apples and mix to combine.
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan, or baking dish with coconut oil, and pour the apples into the pan.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the almond flour.
- And than add the "sifted" coconut flour, coconut sugar, apple pie spice, sea salt, and 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Stir until all combined.
- Crumble the topping over the top of the spiced apples.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.